Its all about communication

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm a Social Media Expert...Get Me Outta Here!!!!!!

Well, yes, I haven't been blogging for a bit which is bad for a social media practitioner but there has been
contracts to sign, people to sell to!

So look out for Andiamo Giffnock...Andiamo Milngavie and Andiamo Hamilton as well as some bespoke content at the Milngavie Book and Arts Festival...as well as some other stuff I haven't quite sealed the deal on!

So yes, I have been busy but one thing I cannot leave is the fact that on my travels and my research I constantly
see Social Media Gurus trying to sell the secret to their million dollar success.  It's beginning to get on my proverbials.

Let me just say, I do not think these American marketeers who send you countless webinar times and subjects are making the kind of money they say they are especially in the field of social networking.

There is one lady who talks about being so rich by doing just a few posts per day for her clients that she just has to sell you her tutorial in order for you to replicate her success.  Aye right luv, pull the other one!

By all means buy these online tutorials if you want but being a cynical ex-comedy performer, writer and radio presenter I would happily go onstage or on air and accuse them of being full of it!

In my opinion don't be beguiled into buying an experts Modus Operandi - all the information you need is freely available.  It's out there and if you are British then the British clients you want to bag will just be as cynical as you - we're British!  All this American blarny doesn't quite fit with clients I've met...in my opinion!

So get your own...opinions!!!   If you want to run your own operation on Facebook etc you can and you can do it without recourse to smooth talking Americans selling you e-pamphlets and video tutorials...trust me..you can!!!

One of Scatter The Patter's best sellers is our £99 set-up and push pack.  This is where we set up all your social networks and then help you write and get started by a simple push...oh and by social networks I mean landing pages, promotion pages, bespoke coupons and one podcast and one video.  I assume you'll have photos so for £99 you'll have Custom tabs, bespoke multi-,media content and even a facebook compliant competition or sweepstake going on!

And if you still want to do it all yourself, well buy the tutorials or better still buy me a drink...but just not American Cream Soda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home